GiMA 2017 RULES & REGULATIONS
- GiMA/GiMA Awards/Awards - Global Indian Music Academy Awards/ Global Indian Music Awards.
- Awards Management - Global Indian Music Academy (GiMA) Awards Management / Wizcraft International Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.
- Advisory Board - Group of illustrious persons /subject matter experts, who are responsible for the larger vision of the Academy and overall free and fair conduct of the Awards.
- Participant - Any individual / organization who sending in an application to participate in the Awards, or is selected for participation in the Awards in any manner.
- Jury - A panel of experts from the music and film industry who will shortlist the nominations for certain specific categories.
- Nominee - Any organization/individual/song/album short-listed by the Jury eligible to be a winner.
- Academy - A group of persons / subject matter experts who have come together to form the Global Indian Music Academy and will participate in the final round of voting in pre-defined categories to determine the final winners.
- Album – A collection of songs either 3 or more in number or a playing time of over 15 minutes.
- Film Music Award(s) - The award category(ies) for which entries will be invited from Music Labels, Music Producers, and Film Producers.
- Indian Films – Films released by production houses registered in India.
- Film - Debut – A film song/album released for the first time by an artiste in India.
- Non-Film Music Award(s) - The award category(ies) for which entries will be invited from Music Labels, Music Producers & Independent Artistes; Nominees will be determined by the Jury and the final winners will be determined through voting by the Academy. These awards include but are not limited to Traditional, Classical and Contemporary.
- Non-Film Debut - A non-film song/album released for the first time by an artiste in India.
- GiMA 2017 invites Music Producers/ Music Labels/ Film Producers/ Independent Artistes holding intellectual property rights (IPR) over music for the film/album/song to send in their entries for music released from Indian films and/or by artistes of Indian origin, Indian descent or holders of Oversees Citizenship of India (OCI) card, for the first time, during the period January 1, 2016 to December 31, 2016. Music must be released during the aforementioned period, with the exception of Best Background Score category wherein the release date of the film will be considered.
- Music Producers/ Music Labels/ Film Producers/ Independent Artistes who wish to send their entry but do not hold IPR over music must obtain an NOC from the holders of IPR and submit the same with the entry form.
- The participating artistes or bands must be of Indian origin, Indian descent or holders of Oversees Citizenship of India (OCI) card, in all categories with the exception of Best Fusion category and Best Electronica Single, wherein collaboration between artistes or bands with members of Indian origin, Indian descent or holders of OCI card and other than artistes or bands with members of Indian origin, Indian descent or holders of OCI card are eligible. However, in Best Fusion category and Best Electronica Single, an album by solely other than artistes of Indian origin, Indian descent or holders of OCI card will not be eligible nor would a single band with a mix of artistes or Indian and non-Indian origin, decent, holders of OCI cards be considered as eligible.
- All members of participating bands must be Indian origin, Indian descent or holders of OCI card.
- The category wise language of consideration for Non-Film categories is given below:
||Non- Film Category
|Best Devotional Album
|Best Ghazal Album
|Best Hindustani Classical Album – Vocal
|Best Hindustani Classical Album – Instrumental
|Hindi & English
|Best Music Debut
|Best Pop Song
|Best Rock Song
|Best Music Video
|Predominantly Hindi & English
||Best Electronica Single
||Best Fusion Album
|Any Indian language
||Best Traditional Folk Album
- Re-releases and compilation albums featuring songs released prior to the eligibility period will not be considered for the Awards. Remixed songs will be considered eligible for participation. In Best Traditional Folk Song, the following types of music is ineligible for participation: Hindustani Classical, Carnatic Classical and Rabindra Sangeet.
- Live and private recordings of deceased artistes are allowed. Old recordings not allowed.
- For Film Music Awards, only music pertaining to movies released in Hindi language will be considered as the scope of these Awards. Foreign/Regional language music dubbed in Hindi will not be permitted to participate. However, the Advisory Board/Jury may at its discretion, based on the level of indigenization, permit certain songs from Non-Hindi Indian films, dubbed into Hindi to participate in the Awards.
- Artistes/ technicians of other than Indian origin, Indian descent or holders of OCI card if contributed partially or fully to a Film music album released in India and holding copyrights in India will be eligible.
- Categorization of songs will be approved by the Advisory Board/Jury/Management. The Jury/Management retains the right to re-categorize an entry.
- Music which conforms to each of the Award categories can participate in the same. Music which is largely not attributable to the listed categories would not be permitted to participate. Determination of the same is at the discretion of the Advisory Board/Jury.
- An Entry Fee per entry and per category is applicable as follows:
- Film Music: Rs.1,100/- including service tax
- Non-Film Music: Rs. 600/- including service tax.
- Last date for submission of entry forms will be January 8,2017
- For album based awards, participants to enter a maximum of 3 songs from the participating album as the best representation of the album exception in Hindustani Classical Albums wherein songs from the entire album must be entered.
- An entry form will be considered complete and valid, only if the following are duly completed and couriered to the Awards Management:
- The declaration form duly filled, signed and stamped
- Two music CDs of each song/album
- Entry fee via Demand Draft/ Cheque
- In the case of digital releases, entrants must submit a proof of release - official letter stamped by the digital platform owner or a print-out in case the release is on social media websites.
- Address details are mentioned in the Declaration Form.
- Five DVDs of the original film for entries in Best Background Score – Film
- Two CDs/DVDs/pen drive with the Video & link to the video submitted in the entry form for Best Music Video.
For any queries regarding the awards process, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 022 - 4200 1559
- If at any time, any information provided by any participant is found to be incorrect in any manner, then the participant will not be permitted to continue participation for that particular entry in the Awards, and the Management will not be liable to return any materials and/or entry fee to the participant for the disqualified entry.
- If, after the conclusion of the Awards ceremony, any information provided by any participant is found to be incorrect in any manner, the participant will be liable to return the Award and any monetary / non-monetary incentives provided as part of the Award.
- All Entries are subject to verification, including without limitation, verification of eligibility through checks as deemed appropriate by the Awards Management and complete compliance with these terms and conditions. Awards Management has the sole right to disqualify any entries if the same is not in compliance with the terms and conditions herein specified or any further applicable laws, regulation/ or any policies that may be specified by the Awards Management.
- Determination of whether information is correct or not, rests with the Awards Management and a final decision will be taken in consultation with the Advisory Board and Process Evaluators.
- By participating in the Awards process in any manner, the participant is deemed to have read, understood and unconditionally accepted the terms of the Rules & Regulations of the Awards which may be updated from time to time.
- While all attempts will be made by the Awards Management to reach out to all Music Labels, Artistes, Creators, Film Producers and Music Producers with registered offices in India either directly or indirectly, there is a possibility of missing potential participants due to the fragmented spread of the music industry in India. The Awards Management cannot be held accountable for the same.
- Awards Management accepts no liability for any errors or omissions, whether on behalf of itself or any third Parties.
- Talent shall be solely responsible for any consequences which may arise due to any kind of infringement of copyrights or any kind of intellectual property rights belonging to any other person /entity, etc. and also undertake to indemnify the Advisory Board and the Awards Management, its Directors, Officers, Employees, etc. on the happening of such an event (including without limitation cost of Attorney, Legal Charges, etc.) on full indemnity basis.
- The material/ songs/ lyrics/ music received along with the entries shall be retained by Awards Management and shall not be returned to the Entrant. This material shall not be used for any purpose except for Jury assessment requirements.
- The process is not subject to review by any participant. GIMA Awards Management will not entertain any communication in this regard from any participant.
- Participation in the Awards does not necessitate winning an Award.
- The categories of the Awards are specifically mentioned above, and as per the sole discretion of the Awards Management/ Advisory Board, the same may undergo changes.
- Decision of the Awards Management on all matters is final and binding on all participants.
- Participants, Nominees and Winners permit complimentary use of their names, nominated and winning content and factual information about their participation in the public media (for the build-up to the Awards, during the Awards ceremony and after the Awards ceremony) and do not have any right to any revenues earned through intellectual property rights generated by the Awards.
- The Awards Management and its associates will not be liable for any claims / disputes made by the participants, nominees or winners in relation to the Awards.
- The Awards Management reserves the right to withdraw or amend the terms of the Awards at any time and does not take responsibility for any loss or damage that any person or organization may suffer as a result of participating or attempting to participate in the Awards, the Awards being withdrawn or its terms amended. Any music under copyright litigation or any other dispute in a court of law will not be permitted to participate in the Awards. If during the course of the Awards, it is discovered that an entry/winner has a dispute registered against it in a court of law, the Awards Management reserves the right to declare an entry/winner ineligible and/or withhold any Award until the dispute is resolved.
- The Awards Management cannot and shall not be accountable / liable for any disruptions / stoppages / interruptions or cancellation of the Awards. The Awards Management and its associates cannot be held responsible for matters out of its control and for force majeure reasons.
- Additions, deletions and/or modifications to these rules are at the discretion of the Awards Management. It may make such additions/deletions and/or modifications, at any time before or after the Awards.
- All disputes relating to or arising out of the Awards shall be subject to the laws of India, and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of competent jurisdiction at Mumbai, India.
- The participants, nominees and winners agree that they shall hold harmless Awards Management and sponsors, their employees, officers, associates or other persons and shall defend them against any loss, claims, demands, costs, damages, judgments, expenses or liability arising out of or in connection with any or all claims that may be brought against the Awards Management by any third party in connection with participation in or winning the Award.
- If participants are unclear as to the rules or any element of the Awards or experience difficulties of any kind, they can write in their questions, problems or clarifications to the following address:
Global Indian Music Academy Awards
C/o Wizcraft International Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.
2nd Floor, Satyadev Plaza, Behind Bhagwati House,
Fun Republic Cinema Lane, Off New Link Road,
Andheri (West), Mumbai 400 053, India.
Tel: +91 22 4200 1559
The Awards Management shall endeavor to the best of its ability to respond thereto.